Standard Component Introduction
There are three basic series of Oddie® Fastener, the choice of which is dependent upon the application:
|Stud Body Dia.||Max. Recommended Working Tension||Max. Working Temperature|
|1000 Series||10mm||1000 Newton’s||200°C|
|600 Series||6mm||900 Newton’s||200°C|
|400 Series||4mm||300 Newton’s||200°C|
In each series four head styles are offered, each having grip lengths in the range 2mm to 65mm in 1mm increments.
|Slotted Dome Head||Wing Head||Socket Recess Head||Low Profile Wing|
- Slotted Dome Head - for screwdriver or coin operation
- Wing Head - for hand operation
- Socket Recess Head - for hexagonal keywrench operation
- Low Profile Wing - for hand operation whilst giving a minimum of projection above panel.
Slotted dome head studs and socket recess head studs are manufactured totally from steel. The other head styles have a zinc alloy cast head fitted to a steel shank. This method of manufacture enables us to offer our customers a number of significant advantages over fasteners manufactured by more conventional means.
- Cost reductions - head casting is considerably less expensive than other methods
- Better appearance - head casting allows greater freedom in styling, enabling a more modern range of fasteners to be provided
- Better corrosion protection - as the head is cast in zinc alloy and then plated, red rust never appears as unsightly marks on the exterior of a customers equipment, and white zinc corrosion will only take place in the most hostile of environments